I sincerely think there is something wrong with the world. Really!! Today I got a shocking email from one of my dearest friends in Romania, Lavi. She has been my desk mate for 12 years, ever since first grade til the end of high school. Just imagine sharing the desk with the same person for 12 years, meeting every day, sharing everything.. we did become family. Back in our childhood, Lavi used to go to her grandmother's town, which was different from the town we both lived in. There, she had a very close childhood friend, a very pretty, kind girl that I met a few times. For me, in my stupid childish mind, she was kind of the competition.. the other best friend.. Goodness, I do feel small thinking of it now. Well, the shocking news I was mentioning in the beginning is about this other girl. She died of cancer!!! How can it be??!! She was my age!! I just can't get her image out of my mind! How can this happen?
While writing this I kept on thinking that maybe i got it all wrong, maybe all these did not happen.. so i went and read again Lavi's email.. no, i was not wrong...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment