Today i decided to buy some more things i'll need during my stay here: some towels, slippers, hangers etc. After being all happy with my shopping, i realized that i have almost no cash left and need to withdraw money so i went to an atm. And that's when my memory started acting funny. It got as inputs both my card pin and my phone number, combined them together, and output to me the wrong pin combination. Hence, I entered what i thought was my pin the first time and got the reply "pin incorrect". Thought i must have pressed some wrong key and entered the same number the second time. Same result: "pin incorrect". So, what do u think i did?? I thought nicely about the atm on the lines of "@#$%%$%^%^ ATM @##$%%!!!!!" and entered the pin the third time. Only when i got the message: "You've exceeded the number of tries" I understood the drama: alone in Seoul, with no cash and my bank card blocked.
Fortunately, they did not physically retained my card. I think they only do that if the atm pertaines to the bank that issued the card, which was not the case.
So, here comes the part where I explain how much i love singapore. I rushed back to my place, called the bank in singapore and got my card fully functional in 5 minutes. Isn't this great?? Now i can relax and make weekend plans. No need to diet :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cristy, it will be good to stash some emergency cash in your little hidden corner just in case this thingy happened again. I always have loose change in my apt when I was studying in the States coz I know the darnest thing can happen when we are really down on our luck.... At least I can survive on the $ till the card is functional again...
ReplyDeleteYes, that's a very good advice. I intend to put it in practice later today. At least this time i could still use the card for payments, but what if i lose it?? i need some backup.
ReplyDeleteIf your office is secured, considered putting some petty cash in your drawer too. Sometimes,when you are down on your luck like being locked out of the apt, having cash $ in the office is a life saver too. At least you could buy yourself a meal or something when help is on the way. Not that you will be that unlucky, but things do happen.. rite ?
ReplyDelete