Warning for non-yoga practitioners: this is a 100% yoga related post!! :D
I've just finished my so called self practice yoga session. There is something not working here. Basically, I followed my schedule:
- 15 minutes stretching from head to toes
- 2 sun salutations (i was supposed to do 2-3 sun salutations and lazy me decided to go for 2) with holding each pose for 5 breaths (again it had to be in between 5 and 7 breaths, and I went for the easy option)
- 2 twists (one sited and one standing)
- wheel pose + forward bending
- didn't really manage to do the splits... :(
- after all the hard work i had fun with the scorpion, handstand, and some of the ashtanga jumps (*).
My main problem is that I really don't feel being 100% committed to each pose. I think I'm even below 50%. Actually, when it comes to the somehow more advanced poses (denoted by * in the above classification), I'm trying my best. The problem is with the rest. I can't get myself to be serious about it :(. I wouldn't mind being woken up from my sleep and asked to try the scorpion, but please don't ask me to do a twist (or even worse a split)..
I was just reading an email from Claudia with the funny things she was asked to do in the today's hatha multilevel class:
- jump from downward-facing dog to tripod headstand
- jump from upward-facing dog to handstand
Aren't these cool?? Imagine just being able to do these things (definitely not the case here). This is really defying gravity. It's unbelievable! I'm really wondering what the master is thinking. Is he still hoping that we'll be able to do it? For my case, I think I need a lifetime of practice to reach that level. Maybe when I'm old with gray hair, I'll be able to show off to my grandchildren.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment