Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't wanna be a tourist anymore...

Some days back, while grocery shopping, I decided that it's time to leave the supermarket behind and adventure into the outdoor market. As there is one close to my place, seemed like a good idea to see how far i can get with my english and miming abilities (have to say that miming was far more useful).



Overall, I was pretty impressed. Everyone I met made the effort to understand me and even gave me discounts ;). The funniest was one seller speaking a bit of english who, after finding out my nationality, got out from behind the counter, shook my hand and told me that i am the first romanian he meets :). Even more, I got freebies from three different stores. Below is the accounting:
- bought one pot -> received one ladle
- bought shower gel + hair mask -> received body lotion
- bought one sandwich -> received one bottle of milk

Isn't Korea just great?!

4 comments:

  1. nice, it's the way of the Koreans to extend their friendship and hospitality to you. I hope you will find more fun and friendly pple on your sightseeing adventure this weekend. Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing friendly ppl! Is it easy to figure out which is the shower gel and which is the body lotion? I don't suppose there's any English written on them, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... either you're very lucky or most of the people there are very friendly. next time must go shopping with you. hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps... I'm Karry. "Siu Wai" is my Chinese name. :)

    ReplyDelete