Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why?

I've been thinking for some time to start a blog and never got to really do it.. So, why now? Mainly, there are four reasons I can think of:

1. While wandering the streets of a new city all by myself, I kinda feel like sharing the experience with someone. And as:
- language is setting a barrier between me and most of the people around
- harassing unknown people on the street in order to share my thoughts with them might not be such a good idea,
I decided to write everything down and let you, my faraway readers, be the judge of it all.

2. I am undoubtedly a yoga maniac (my loving friends nicknamed me like this). Throughout my practice process I have all sort of feelings:
i. most of the time: can't do anything right.
ii. some of the time: managed to do a certain pose but, unfortunately, I make it look like a very complicated suicidal method.
iii. seldom: I managed to do some pose and it actually looks reasonable.
iv. almost never: I managed to do a pose and it looks great.

The transition from case ii. to case iii. happens unexpectedly. One minute I am most unhappy cause I can't manage a pose the right way, and the next moment I get what I'm doing wrong and I improve it. When this happens I feel like screaming and jumping around. At home I normally go ahead and jump, whereas in the yoga studio I [try to] refrain myself from such acts... don't wanna scary people away :)). Pinpointing what I am doing wrong can make me understand the pose and improve other poses. Hence, I always intend to write down all the details.. Unfortunately, I rarely do it, and, even then, I end up forgetting what I did with the note. Therefore, from now on, I pledge to write all my yoga related thoughts here and hope to get advices from more knowledgeable people :).

3. Claudia says that blogging improves one's english proficiency. Let's bust this myth!

4. One of my dearest friends took time off from work to travel the world and I've just read her notes on self discovery. If there is anything I'm going to discover/rediscover about myself during my Korea trip, I don't wanna forget about it.

So, here I am, doing the unbelievable. The girl that never had a diary because she was too afraid that someone will read it is going to blog. :D

3 comments:

  1. Cris..very impressive. I also started a blog when I was in Boston and was its only writer and reader. It is like a diary except that I didn't have to carry a pen and a notebook everywhere.

    So bottom line, I completely understand how you feel on the very first days in Seoul.

    But I am sure you will have fun and know some Korean and Koreans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You silly Trangy, can't believe you kept a blog and didn't tell us about it!!?? I wanted to know how you were doing there! Is it still up? Will you give me the address pls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Trang: no wonder I wasn't one of the readers of your blog. If you didn't tell ... :-)

    ReplyDelete