Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why do bad things happen to good people?

At the beginning of the week I got very bad news about a dear friend of mine... The thought deeply shocked me, just couldn't think of anything else! What seems amazing to me is how, despite something tremendously wrong happening, everything else stays just the way it is, people continue with their usual lives, eating, sleeping, laughing, fighting, getting upset for small reasons, the earth keeps on spinning. It's just like one life alone does not make any difference in this whole gear. I have this sudden feeling of guilt whenever I say a joke or I laugh, whenever I smile to a friend, or feel happy for no reason. I feel we should all be sad cause the world is not the same as before, something went wrong and we simply can't forget.

In this whole story, i did have a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise. After getting the horrible news, i was so shocked that i couldn't go out for lunch. Just stayed in the office, pretending to be working, while actually starring blankly at the screen. Guess i made it quite obvious for everybody that something was wrong. That's when some colleague that had packed food with him, came and asked me whether i want to share some of his lunch. I was so surprised.. I couldn't even remember his name, and he wanted to share his lunch with me. It truly moved me...

1 comment:

  1. We don't know why this is happening. Only thing we can do is not surrender. Also you never know, but the things can improve.

    ReplyDelete